24 May 2008

Tagged Again - My 6 Quirks...

Okay, so Amanda tagged anyone who read her blog - here goes:

1. I will only use a dishrag one time (that's right - one TIME not one DAY) before I wash it, and it is absolutely not allowed to touch the inside of the sink or it's a goner. I also have a system - the table & island gets wiped off first when the rag is the cleanest (they are the places where food is prepared & eaten), then I have an order for the different sections of the counter depending on their location & what was set on it. It's not unusual for me to go through 4 or 5 dishrags in a day. I have a very large stack of dishrags!

2. If a toothbrush touches the sink or anywhere around the sink it is FOREVER contaminated - TOXIC WASTE - and must be disposed of immediately!

3. I have an unnatural phobia of anything plasticky touching me when I'm in the shower or just after my shower. I DESPISE shower curtains and it totally freaks me out if one touches me in the slightest! I don't even allow Matt to touch me because the whole skin-on-skin thing in the shower gives me the heebiejeebies as it is too similar to that plasticky feeling!

4. Matt says my book collection has passed 'quirk' stage a while back & it's now into full-fledged fettish!

5. I don't like chick-flicks. Refuse to ever read romance novels. Won't watch them unless I'm dragged kicking & screaming!

6. I don't like to be touched - by anyone - while I'm sleeping

Okay, so I thought of another one:
7. I think little kid's clammy palms are revolting.

Okay so I have a few quirks... Now that you've read this consider yourself OFFICIALLY TAGGED! What are YOUR 6 quirks???

2 comments:

Kim "O" said...

1. I'll have a huge mess on the floor but my closets will be organized and my drawers.

2. I can't sleep facing Ralph - the idea of anyone looking at me asleep totally freaks me out I have to have my back to him.

3. I have to sleep with the closet door closed - that guy in there scares me (I wake up and see the clothes hanging and always think there is a man in the room)

4. In that reading category I'll read anything even the cereal box but prefer thrillers and mysteries (I like romances too but they need to have more mystery or thriller in them too)

5. I pull food off my fork with my teeth not my lips this drives Ralph nuts.

6. I can't just pick up. Once I start I have to do everything pick-up, scrub, reorganize, rearrange, fix etc... It's all or nothing which is why my house is usually a disaster. For example it's why I'm here and not cleaning. I'm that way about everything - very competitive too - a friend of mine who is a psychologist said I'm a textbook example of a discouraged perfectionist.

Amanda said...

When Troy and I read your number 7 we both got the gross-out-shivers. Clammy kid hands...EWW!

I'm also really relieved to see someone else with the shower curtain thing. If it touches me the whole shower has to start over...it's so gross. Troy was teasing me one day and said he was going to lick the shower curtain. I nearly barfed. I'm getting a little sick right now.