Matt is finally in Texas - so close yet still so far - going through his DEMOB at Ft. Bliss. He will finally be home on Wednesday - WOOHOO! YIPPEEE! HOORAY!! HOOYAH!! And all the rest!!! We are SOOOO ready for him to be home. Matt is such an amazing father & an amazing husband and he has been missed so crazy-much!
Matt talked to the kids & told them that he wants to spend some one-on-one time with each of them & they get to choose the activity they want to do with him. First Jimmy told him he wants to go camping, but when Matt reminded him we'll be camping as a family he changed his mind & said he wants to go to Medieval Times for dinner. Matt's good with that. Next Jessi told him she wants to explore (she loves everything nature). No prob there - Matt's a nature explorer at heart! Then came Rachel. Dear, wonderful, adorable, girlie Rachel. No hesitation with her - she wants to go to a restaurant. When he asked her what kind of restaurant she wants to go to her one-word response to him was, "Fancy."
We got a cute, fancy dress & new shoes for her to wear and Matt's going to surprise her & take her to get a manicure (just the polish - no fake nails) & make it a special date.
If anyone has any ideas for 'fancy' restaurants in Austin let me know! I'm not into the 'fancy' stuff so we've never been to any 'fancy' ones. I'm thinking the Melting Pot but again, I've never been so I don't know if it's fancy. The other place I'm thinking is Benny Hanna's (spelled correctly?)
24 May 2008
Matt's On His Way!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Hey Trish, I was just wondering the other day how many more days Matt had left to go -- WOW, this week! How exciting! The kids' dates sound like a lot of fun. Melting Pot is definitely fancy, and fun -- our friends own the one in SLC.
I've never been - wanted to for a long time! I think Rachel will love it because of it's "fanciness" AND she'll like the fact that she'll get to go before I do :-)
I heard The Melting Pot is nice. I am so happy for you guys.
Does Mom get to pick something special to do with Dad? :)
I know what mom is planning - dirty minded woman you are! LOL I'm so happy for you all. There are lots of fancy places in austin I'm sure what is each of their favorite food?
None of them have a favorite food - they aren't choosy & they like everything.
And yes - Mom gets to spend the night with Dad @ a hotel on the River Walk. Mom is sooo excited!... and so is Dad!!!
The Melting Pot is a great idea. It's become one of our Easter family traditions. The kids love it and it qualifies as fancy. What's also great is that since the meal is served in courses, it's nice and relaxed and not rushed. They'll have lots of time to spend together.
Thanks Becky & everyone for your feedback - the Melting Pot it is! It sounds like a great place - I've been wanting to go for a while now so I'll have to make him take me next:-)!
The Melting Pot is great - we went there once and I would love to go again. They will have a great time. I'm so glad your hubby is home and you guys are all together again!
You guys are great parents. You're both willing to do the hard stuff and you both jump at the chance to do the fun stuff. Now here's my question...what is Matt wearing to the fancy restaurant and does he get a manicure too?
Ha-Ha! Aside from the fact that he has no nails (terrible nervous habit) - he is so far from being "Metro sexual" I have to hold him down just to pluck those gargantuan stray nose, ear & eyebrow hairs that like to stick straight out :p
Maybe I SHOULD get Rachel to talk him into getting a manicure with her - I'd LOVE to get pictures of it!!!
Funny, I just came across some Melting Pot coupons that I'm not going to be using... if you want them, they're yours!!
I'd love those coupons - that would be AWESOME!!! Thanks so much!
Post a Comment