18 May 2008
My Soccer Star - Who'da Thunk?
Jimmy is not aggressive. Jimmy has been playing football for the last 3 years (4 seasons). Jimmy plays to have fun. Jimmy is an 'okay' football player. Jimmy's coaches always told me that if he'd just find that anger within himself and learn how to use it he'd be an awesome football player. Jimmy still has not found that 'anger'.
Jimmy tried soccer this spring & LOVED it! Jimmy had fun. Jimmy never got angry, nor was he ever told to GET angry. Jimmy actually got pretty aggressive out there on the field (I think FB did help him in that respect). Jimmy's soccer coaches want him on their team again in the fall. Guess what Jimmy said he wants to play in the Fall & I am VERY pleased about??? SOCCER - YAY!!!
No more pre-season two-week conditioning (2 hours every night M-F for the first 2 weeks), no more 3-days-a-week, 2 hour practices, no more completely useless Saturdays for 2 1/2 months out of the year (Saturday football games are all-day affairs), and no more eating out & gaining weight during FB season - WOOHOO!!! I'm so excited about that! Soccer is soooo much simpler - I recommend it to anyone who still wants to have a life outside of their children's activities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Our James and Andrew loved soccer as did their mom - well I loved going to the games not playing it myself. Andrew was the exact same as jimmy in football and he did really well in soccer.
Remember soccer in Michigan? It was either FREEZING or so hot and sweaty we all wanted to die. Rand would pick flowers and do karate kicks in the field and Jimmy would kick the ball super hard in whatever direction he happened to be facing. They were so little back then! They didn't even mind that the "red" shirts were actually pink.
I remember Matt coaching them, running down the sidelines "other way! other way!" and "Stand up Random!" hehehe Gooooo Tigers!
That was SOOO long ago! They were so funny & cute! I'm so glad we don't have that cold to contend with here!
Post a Comment