05 May 2008

Boy, What a Weekend!

Here we go...

Rachel inherited Matt's severe allergy to poison ivy so this is what happened to Rachel last week when my kids were cutting through our land to visit their friends & stopped to pick some dewberries (sorta like wild blackberries) - they apparently got into poison ivy as well. Of course this HAD to happen days before their very PUBLIC dance performance on the Square in town for Cinco de Mayo.



I have been smelling Tea Tree Oil for a week now & I'm getting really tired of it! Last time Rachel got poison ivy really bad I took her to get the steroid injection and the nurse there told me to use tea tree oil next time. Seems to be working pretty well.

Saturday Jimmy had 2 soccer games.
Saturday evening the girls had their dance performance

Today (Sunday) the girls had another performance at a fundraiser for the dance school. I know, I know we missed church - I'm corrupting the kids - I'm going to Hell ;-)

Also, today my brother accidentally ran over one of the dogs (she was a stray - she ran in front of the truck and he didn't see her). My dad had to shoot her to put her out of her misery cuz there was no hope for her. In the midst of all of this our friends from church stopped by for a visit.

Now Jessica's throwing up. Fortunately she's always been really good at making it to the toilet in time. Poor thing :-(

Now it's almost 2am and things are finally settling down & I have to wake up in 5 hours to babysit for a friend's baby all day tomorrow (they called me tonight last minute to ask). Good thing she's a pretty easy baby because I'm going to be exhausted tomorrow!

I can't wait till Matt's home!!!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my goodness, I hope everybody feels better soon!

Russell is super-sensitive to poison ivy too and it takes forever to heal when he gets it.

But dewberries... yum!

Kim "O" said...

I've always thought it funny (as in ironic) that Matt';s so0 allergic to it and I'm not at all. I often can handle it and then nothing. Only had an outbreak once when it got in my wedding set and we went to the beach and the sand made a cut on my finger under my ring and the oil got in and I broke out under my rings.

I'm so sorry about Rachel breaking out like that. And throwing up is never ever fun. Yuck!

Get better soon you guys!

Tricia said...

I have learned that the more often you are exposed to poison ivy the more susceptible you are to it, and that eventually most everyone will get it. Some people (i.e. Matt, Rachel) are just born more allergic, I guess.

Amanda said...

Jeez Tricia. I hope you're storing up all that karma so the rest of the year will be awesome...that might even be enough for a fairly enjoyable decade.

The girls looked gorgeous in their flamenco dresses...were they flamenco dresses? It's not flamingo right? hehe I'm a dork Whatever they were, the girls looked so beautiful.

Tricia said...

Thanks Amanda! They are in flamenco as well but this was Colima (a region in Mexico).

Kim "O" said...

Trish Matt's coming home soon! Megan wants to take dance like her cousins she just love the dresses and keeps wanting me to show her the pictures again and again. She said to tell you her cousins are beautiful.

Tricia said...

Thanks Kim! I love this form of dance. We looked into traditional & Folklorico as we have both in our little town. The problem I have with traditional dance studios is that the older the girls get the less material they use to make their costumes, the dances get more provocative & they're taught one dance routine the entire year so they'd have it down perfectly for the recital at the end of the year. By February the girls were always tired of it, but costumes were already paid for. With Folklorico they are always learning new dances from the region they're on.