06 April 2008

We Need Your Help!

I am trying to help raise money and/or items, gift cards, etc.
for Matt's Battery's homecoming ceremony. I spent 8 hours Friday
driving around to businesses soliciting donations. I got some
gift cards from Johnny Carino's,Taco Bell & Academy, and left
this letter (the one at the end of this post)at a bunch of
others. If you know anyone who may be willing to help please
take this to them. I also set up a bake sale at the Lockhart
Walmart for Sat,April 19, as well as a fundraiser at the San
Marcos Taco Cabana on Tuesday, April 29 from 5pm - 9pm. We get
20% of the ticket for anyone who put theirs in the fishbowl. If
you live close enough to San Marcos, take your family out to
dinner that night at a FABULOUS restaurant :-) and support your
soldier & his buddies to make their homecoming ceremony AWESOME!
 
If you have some free time I can always use the help at the bake
sale (I'll be there from about 7:30am till whenever I run out of
stuff)or Taco Cabana (I’ll have to be there the whole 4 hours so
stop by to say hi). I’ll also accept any bake goods or even just
boxed mixes that I can make myself for the bake sale. I am also
willing & able to collect any donations to mail to the Unit.

Here’s the letter from the FRG (Family Readiness Group):

Hello,

The time is getting near. Only a few more months for our soldiers to return to their families. We need your help. We would like to show the guys an awesome HOMECOMING CELEBRATION.

There are 141 soldiers returning, but only about 30 of them are from Wichita Falls - the rest are from all over Texas, including San Marcos, Austin, Corpus Christi, New Braunfels, etc. At this time we're asking for your donations. What we would like to do is have a nice dinner for them and their families. If funds are available, we'd like to have baskets made up for each soldier with gifts of appreciation.

We're going to get our local Wichita Falls businesses involved to donate services or discounts for the soldiers. It's been a year-long deployment and our soldiers deserve this. We are requesting donations to be made on or before April 30th 2008.

Checks should be made payable to:


FRG B-Battery 2-131 FA.


And mailed to:


Army National Guard
ATTN: Alicia Foster
3701 Armory Rd
Wichita Falls, TX 76302


(940) 723-6486
(940) 691-0548

Questions about your donations or would like to donate services?
contact SFC Sean Roberts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tricia, I'd love to donate something for the bake sale! I'll peruse my recipes and get back to you. And I'm always looking for an excuse to eat at out. What a fabulous idea!

Tricia said...

Thank you so much! Any help is VERY much appreciated! See you later!