02 April 2008

Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You...

I got this chain email - thank you Amanda :} and I actually answered it & sent it to a couple of people. Matt was one of those people & he answered it but only sent it back to me. I liked his responses so I'm posting it here - SORRY BABE! I LOVE YOU!

1. What is your occupation? Husband/Dad/Soldier/Engineer
2. What color are your socks right now? White (I'm in PT uniform they're green when in ACUs)
3. What are you listening to right now? Other people typing in the computer center but I listen to my IPOD which is mostly filled with old country or celtic music.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Steak and cold mashed potatoes w/o gravy
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Blue ('cause I miss my family)
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Tricia - Yay!!
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? You could say that
9. How old are you today? 38
10. Favorite drink? Mountain Dew Code Red
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Football - Duh
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Uh - No
13. Pets? 3 Roommates
14. Favorite food? Toss up between Lasagna and spare ribs
15. Last movie you watched? Jumper (which was pretty good)
16. Favorite Day of the year? This year it will be the day I come home.
17. What do you do to vent anger? Pace back and forth and contemplate killing something- don't worry I don't get angry often
18. What was your favorite toy as a child? A stuffed cat named Patches
19. What is your favorite season? Spring
20. Hugs or kisses? Yes please
21. Cherry or Blueberry? Cherry
22. Do you want your friends/family to email you back? Just Tricia
23. Who is most likely to respond? Tricia
24. Who is least likely to respond? I don't know
25. When was the last time you cried? yesterday
26. What is on the floor of your closet? No closets in Iraq
27. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? Tricia-the only one I'm sending this to
28. Who is the friend you have had the shortest that you are sending this to? Tricia-the only one I'm sending this to
29. Favorite smells? Tricia-always smells so good.
30. Who inspires you? I draw inspiration from lots of different sources but mostly Tricia again.
31. What are you afraid of? Big Dogs in yards with short fences.
32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? I like spicy but a burger HAS to have cheese
33. Favorite car? Toyota Landrover or Jeep Grand Cherokee with simulated formica paneling. SWEET
34. Favorite cat breed? Abasinian -they're the bulldogs of the catworld (I don't think I spelled Abasinian right)
35. Number of keys on your key ring? 1
36. How many years at your current job? Husband-15 years; Dad-11 years; Soldier-14 years; Engineer-7years
37. Favorite day of the week? Sunday - family day
38. How many states have you lived in? 2 (Texas & Michigan)
39. Do you think you're funny? I used to be but not so much anymore.

THINGS I AM Looking forward to this year:

1. Me coming home to stay!!!
2. Sleeping in a real bed with Tricia
3. Playing with my kids
4. Sexy time with Tricia
5. Talking to Tricia
6. Discovering how much my kids have grown and changed in the last year.
7. Seeing friends again.
8. Not working 14 hours on and 10 hours off 6-13 days in a row.
9. Never seeing or even hearing the name of Cpt Becerra whom shall always be called after this 'he who must not be named'
10. Going to church
11. Seeing plants again
12. Not seeing people with unibrows in yellow man-dresses
13. Forgetting there is a place in the world that thought up man-love Thursday
14. Listening to people talk that don't use the "F" word in nearly every sentence.

In case you're wondering what "man-love Thursday" is I'll clue you in. Apparently in Iraq many of their religious beliefs differ greatly from Christianity. This is one of them as they believe that if you are the 'giver' you are fine - no sin there no matter who or what is on the 'receiving' end. However if you are on the 'receiving' end you are committing a sin.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I loved reading this! I wish you much "sexy" time together when Matt returns (hopefully without thoughts of a unibrowed person wearing a yellow man-dress!)LOL!

Tricia said...

You are so funny! There better not be any of those thoughts intruding on our "sexy" time - and we will have a lot of "sexy" time to make up for :-)