26 September 2007

My Big Bad Defensive End....


Last Saturday was the Titan's 3rd game. They lost miserably (not a big surprise) BUT Jimmy made a few great tackles. We are a tiny town with 3 - yes, 3 - football leagues. Needless to say, we are all struggling to get enough players every year, and playing against Austin teams who have more kids than they can handle makes it pretty hard for our boys to win games. But we still have fun & look for the good points in each game. Being that I know nothing about Football (and I'm always a team mom or this year, Board Member & very busy during games) I have always relied on Matt to tell me how Jimmy did. Well now I have to actually try to figure out what's going on & what a "Defensive-end" does while at the same time watch Rachel cheer. Luckily I always have Flat Daddy there to help me watch them! Here's a picture of Jimmy's tackle I happened to take at just the right time - yay me!

2 comments:

GrandmaK said...

YEAH JIMMY!!! I know he's #82 and I can't see any #'s but I'm assuming he's the one on the ground! You sound so much like me when I went to the boys games. The bigger guys played in the band & I'd go to cheer them on and hear the band play. Then the younger guys came along an actually played football and I was like uh oh, I didn't know first thing about football and still don't. But I'd cheer for them anyway.
Good job Tricia on your picture taking!

Aunt Phyllis

Tricia said...

I used to be able to flub it cuz Matt would tell me about a good move Jimmy made so I was able to bring it up to him after the game. Now I have to go it alone! I never realized how complicated FB is!
Tricia