19 February 2009

My Hidden Talent???

A couple of years ago the Branch Manager of the Scholastic Book Fair Warehouse in San Antonio (yep, the same one I get all my books from)asked me if I could draw waves to decorate the hallway for the beach theme that season. Waves? Who can't do waves??? No problem. Well, he was so impressed with my waves that he asked me to draw a dolphin. With much trepidation I told him I'd try it but I needed a picture to look at. I never drew before this but since then I've learned that as long as I have a picture I can draw it 'free-hand'. Well, he loved my dolphins so ever since then they have asked me to come back and decorate their lobby for each season (Spring & Fall). Fortunately they always have a theme & characters I can copy! It's fun but a lot of work! I totally forgot to take pictures of the safari theme when it was all set up so you don't really the full effect, and I'm missing pictures of the season Matt left for Iraq because that was the last thing on my mind. The zebras from the Safari theme are funny looking but the one without legs was sitting behind a 'rock' and the other one was actually funky like that in the original picture. And the Lioness was holding a book she was reading. Those & the newest Movie Stars theme were taken with my phone camera so they're not the greatest quality. Oh, and if you're wondering - they are all painted with house paint. Hey, that's what they give me. I spend LOTS of time mixing house paint til I get just the right color!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! That's amazing! I'm quite impressed. :)

Tricia said...

Thanks Tammy!