17 October 2007

My busy crazy life

I have been so busy these last 2 weeks - mainly getting the house organized & doing a lot of DEEP cleaning. I have somewhere around 4000 books that I have been moving back in my house (they've been out in a 14'x56' construction trailer beside my house) because I now have my 2 brothers, David & Steven living out there. Jessica & Rachel are now sharing a room because David's friend, Kari is staying here, too. I spent 2 days moving Jessi out of her room into Rachel's - boy is she a pack rat! No wonder she couldn't keep her room clean- she had no room to put anything. We got rid of a ton of stuff & now they have a nice, clean room that I make them clean EVERY night before they are allowed to go to sleep.

Rachel's 9th birthday was Friday so I had to get ready for that - and wouldn't you know it - my vacuum cleaner broke a couple of hours before I had 10 kids over for movies, birthday cake, popcorn & presents. So I've had a few days with a pretty nasty carpet as there's only so much you can pick up by hand. But the party was a hit - I replaced the girls' lights with a blacklight & those kids had the best time dancing & partying in their room, then someone realized that highlighter glows very brightly. Well all I can say is that it's a good thing you can't see highlighter very well in normal light because they covered themselves in it! All over their arms & faces - it was very cool!

I'll post pictures really soon - my camera is recharging.

1 comments:

GrandmaK said...

WOW!! You have a houseful! Who does all the cooking for y'all - YOU!!
I can see why you're so busy.

Take care.

Love,
Aunt Phyllis