One day last week Rachel came in to my bed at 4:30 am. Thinking that she had just woken up from a bad dream or something I asked her why she was in my bed. When she told me she couldn't go to sleep I asked her if she had been awake this whole time (surely not). I asked her what she's been doing this whole time, to which she responded, "Not much". When pressed for more she finally admitted that after I fell asleep she went in on the computer and played Zoo Tycoon. She is crazy & I told her so after I told her she's not ever allowed to do that again.
Last night I found out Jimmy stayed up until 2:30 am, when Karri woke up and caught him & told him to go to sleep. He stayed up all night reading so it's really hard to get upset with him for that. He finally found books that he loves - non-fiction, especially non-fiction science books. He was reading "The Great Brain Book". I have to say that this is one thing I love about Homeschooling - Jimmy staying up late reading is really not such a huge deal and I am so happy he's finally reading so I'm okay with it!
25 October 2007
Late Nights...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Trish I remember when Matt finally found a book he was interested in reading. It was The Outsiders by SE Hinton.
I also have had my boys do that too- Andrew was up for days playing Halo 3 or 2 whichever is the newest one.
Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you.
Matt has assured me all along that he was just like Jimmy until he was older & found a book he liked, but I still fretted over it. It's just really nice to see books in his bed in the morning - one's he actually read!
Thanks for your comments - it's nice to know people are thinking of us.
Post a Comment