03 October 2007

Another Critter??




One night last week the kids found a tree frog outside. I don't think I've ever seen one in real life before - it was very cool! They had lots of fun with it & didn't want to let it go until I asked them how they would like living in a tiny apartment after living out here in the country where they have lots of space to run. I didn't get any argument after that - besides, I'm trying to cut down on our personal "critter" collection. We only have 1 snake, 1 tarantula, 1 fish tank, and 9 dogs. Steven has one dove & one Love Bird. Our rat died and our goat has a new home as does our pony & horse. When we found out Matt was leaving I didn't want to be overwhelmed by animals. That still doesn't keep the kids from bringing in critters from outside!

4 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Those look a little bigger, but in Bermuda they have little tree frogs that whistle! Maybe they're a little bigger cause there from TEXAS!! HA HA!

Love ya,
Aunt Phyllis

Anonymous said...

That last picture is great timing! I remember the tiny tree frogs in Bermuda, too -- Was that one as noisy as the tiny ones?

Tricia said...

Of course - everything's bigger in Texas!!
These tree frogs are incredibly noisy but it's fun to hear them all at night. Between them & the toads sometimes the noise outside is deafening. But at least the noise doesn't come inside!

kiki said...

That's such a cute frog!
Senta