13 November 2007

MATT News...















(top) The Courtyard & "Internet Cafe"
(left) Matt shaved his head - I think it's sexy!


So Saturday Matt & I were IM-ing (is that a word??) and I asked him if he could tell me now why he wasn't able to email me for a while. Apparently they were getting mortar rounds shot at the compound & when that would happen they weren't allowed to be out, and as you can see their 'internet cafe' is outside. I was a little upset that he hadn't told me about these attacks earlier, even when I've asked him if there have been any (a friend of mine's brother is at Camp Bucca as well and is more forthcoming with his information). He doesn't want me to worry, and he assured me that he's perfectly safe - they were no where near him or his barracks. He also told me he doesn't do anything stupid like so many other guys there. When I asked him to explain he told me that he always wears ALL his gear & carries his weapons everywhere he goes. I told him that I still want to know these things. I guess I should just be grateful that he FINALLY took some pictures for me!

4 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Yikes! That sounded scary - and we're glad he's okay! Matt looks like he's lost a little weight - along with the hair! It's probably easier for him though. He looks good!

Love you,
Aunt Phyllis

Kim "O" said...

Wow you have to see my blog Trish and see Matt's younger version. I'll put it there- James and his uncle look so much alike right now!

I'm so saddened to hear he's having to be so careful but better safe than sorry. Try to not worry too much - he's in God's hands and I'm praying for him every day as I know so many are. {hug}

Anonymous said...

trish, great blog! i pray that everything will be ok and he'll be home soon.

RL

Tricia said...

Thanks for all your support. It helps knowing that so many people are keeping him in their hearts & prayers.