22 January 2009

What's a MAN-METER, You Ask???





Okay, admit it - if you are female you have a man-meter as well! Of course, the things that make men rise or fall on our individual man-meters differ from woman to woman, but we all have one (unless I'm just crazy, which I admit could be the case :-)).

I'm not talking about those huge things such as abuse because those kind of men don't even make it on my man-meter to begin with. What I'm talking about are all those little & seemingly insignificant things that will bring a man down on my man-meter in an instant. Here's what I'm talking about:

A Drop on my Man-Meter:
If a man is in pain or sick and WHINING about it, or for that matter any whining.
Speedos, bikini underwear, and yes...even briefs. Only boxer-briefs for my guys (boxers are neutral)!
Afraid to taste new foods
Groping hands - there's a fine line between touching out of admiration or love and touching cuz he wants...well you know. Until I'm ready for that, of course.
He cannot be afraid of spicy! His face can turn red, he can sweat & tear up and that is absolutely fine, but if he won't eat hot sauce/salsa because it might be too hot - WAY DOWN!
Can't drive a stick-shift
Pulling his socks up to his knees
Unable to perform simple car repairs (thanks for changing my brakes & rotors yesterday babe!)
Afraid to get dirty
Doesn't look people in the eye


My list is constantly changing, and it depends on the day of the week, the amount of sleep I've had the night before, what I eat, how the kids have been acting, how clean the house is, how much laundry, if I ate that day, what color my shirt is, if I'm wearing shoes, what song I'm listening to..............

Soooo, if you're a guy & your reading this just let it remind you that women (or at least this one) ARE very complicated and you will NEVER figure us out. But my guy is high on my man-meter and even when he does something that drops him a little, it never takes long for him to climb back up. He's asked me before how that can be - how he can be so low one minute, then back up at the top 3 minutes later. Well...I never proposed to know how my crazy brain works, just that it does work in crazy ways :-)


Edit:
Matt wants me to put some things on here that raise a man on my man-meter so here are a few:

BDU's & ACU's (or for you non-military folk - a military uniform)
BDU's
ACU's
BDU's
ACU's

HeeHee, that's the real reason I wanted him to re-enlist ;-) (joking)

Okay Matt, I'll throw ya a bone:

When you take care of the van for me
When you do a load of laundry
When you side with me when other people (you know the people I'm talking about) argue with me
When you can answer my questions
When you look me in the eye and tell me you love me
When you keep telling me I'm beautiful, even though I don't believe you
When you do something for me that I needed to do, without me even asking you.
When I'm upset and overwhelmed about something and you just hold me tight & tell me you understand
When you lead family prayers

2 comments:

Kim "O" said...

Trish you are so right - nothing raises my man meter like a man in a uniform.

Tricia said...

Oh yeah!