The last few weeks I've felt like hell - chest congestion, coughing, sneezing, blah blah blah. My asthma's been really bad as well, the worst it's been in a looong time. I know what to do about it, I know it's my diet but I've been... [enter excuses]... so therefore eating like crap. Anyway, Monday I had had it & I told Matt I was ready to do this the right way again, and try this "Super Antioxidant Diet" I've heard & read about (yes I even own the book & met the authors). He told me he wants to do it, too. He knows how good we feel when we eat right and he's tired of feeling yucky.
So I was ready to put it to the test! To raise my pH & see if what I've been taught about the importance of having a more alkaline body is true - if my health will improve that drastically (I've been using my inhaler every 3 - 4 hours around the clock the last week & 1/2) by simply changing my diet & drinking the right water!
So yesterday I went grocery shopping & bought everything I need to cook meals high in antioxidants, as well as a few huge (1 liter) bottles of eVAMOR water I was psyched to find at our local HEB grocery store for $1.99. Well, when I say local I mean 'Texas' local - it was actually in San Marcos, about 40 minutes away from me. This water has a pH of 9.0, which I believe is the highest you can find in water unless you invest in a special water-alkalizing machine. Knowing that asthma is made worse when you're not hydrated enough I started drinking that water as soon as I left HEB, and had only an organic dark chocolate candy bar to eat until dinner (I didn't want to ruin my antioxidant diet before it even got started so I refused to stop at any restaurant).
I realized last night, as I was making dinner & preparing our 'super-antioxidant' healthy breakfast, that I hadn't used my inhaler since after leaving the grocery store. And so far today I'm having no problems breathing & I have more energy & I feel so much better already. So far it's working - WooHoo! I'm just REALLY thankful I can walk across the room without using an inhaler to make it there!
21 January 2009
Here's To Health
Posted by Tricia at 1:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment