10 October 2008

Update:

We've been really busy since Matt got home so I haven't been blogging much lately. This is my attempt at catching up, so here goes:

August
We built the chicken coop. Here's Jimmy helping Matt:




Rachel was supposed to be hanging up her clothes that she had thrown on the closet floor, but when we went in to check on her this is what we saw:



I think she was a little tired that day.

Then, after threatening Rachel for about a year that if she didn't remember to brush her hair in the morning I'd cut it off, I finally followed through one day. I had told her about 4 times to brush her hair, then we had to run errands and after we left I saw that she still hadn't brushed it! I was so irritated that the next day I finally did it - she got about a foot of hair cut off! It did help her feel better knowing that it was going to Locks of Love.






Rachel also got poison ivy yet again, but this time it was so bad that her eyes were swollen shut for a couple of days.



September:
Rachel and Jimmy are playing soccer again. I am SOOO glad they are over the football/cheer thing. It was fun while it lasted but it's a LOT more work & a LOT more expen$ive & a LOT more time-consuming than soccer! Rachel's the one on the right wearing her hair in a bun (she came straight from dance pictures that morning), and in the other picture that's Jimmy on the right in the black socks & orange jersey.




And the girls had another dance performance. They were supposed to have danced at the Dies y Seis celebration, however it was canceled (as was everything else that weekend) due to Hurricane Ike, which didn't end up getting us at all (but I'm not complaining)!


Now it's late & I'm tired & I'm going to bed...

2 comments:

GrandmaK said...

OMG - Poor Rachel. I remember when Eric got poison ivy that bad and he looked like the incredible hulk!!
You can get a shot for it you know.

Tricia said...

Yeah, I went in to get the shot for her but they gave her oral steroids instead. They said that the oral works just as fast as the injection so naturally Rachel opted for the oral med :-)