28 August 2008

4th Of July Camping

We went camping on the 4th of July with a bunch of extended family (my Aunts, cousins, etc) and had so much fun (we LOVE camping). Lucky for us they all chose to come to Austin & camp at McKinney Falls State Park, which is a small but really nice campground. I have no make-up on but I'm posting a picture with me in it anyway (frightening!). The girls all got their toenails painted a very patriotic red, white & blue, and even Jimmy was talked into painting his big toe on one foot (he's such a sport & secure in his boy-hood). We went swimming, ate a lot, played games, and just hung out & gossiped about all the family that didn't show up (and that's why you should always go camping when invited ;-P).

Of course it rained for a few minutes on Sunday morning - just enough to get everything wet so you're forced to do laundry the second you get home or everything will get moldy & smelly. The hot Texas sun came out shortly thereafter so we did get to dry out our tent before packing that up, at least.

And last but not least, Grandma Maree was there with us in spirit. We know this because every single time we all get together for a camping trip we are visited by her all-time favorite bird, the Cardinal. It'll just fly up, land in a tree close to our campsite & watch us & flit around for a while before taking off again. Just Grandma making her presence known.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm digging those patriotic toes! Looks like you guys had a fun camping trip! I love that picture of you with Jessica! I'm such a sap for mother/daughter pictures!

Kim "O" said...

Wow you guys have been busy. Love the toes and it looks like you really had some fun. And Trish you look great with or without makeup. I can so so much of you both in all 3 kids.