16 July 2008

Daddy Date #2 (Rachel)

Rachel wanted her date to be "fancy" so Matt decided to take her to The Melting Pot (I'm so jealous). We were given an excellent coupon (thank you so much Susan!), so they did the whole, Big Night Out or whatever it's called where they have all 5 courses. I had bought Rachel a new dress for her to wear, and I braided her hair in a fancy crown on her head. I took her to meet Matt at his office in Austin, but on the way I stopped at a nail place & had her fingernails & toenails done. She looked & felt like a movie star! Matt changed into nice clothes after presenting Rachel with a rose, then I chauffeured them to his truck (he doesn't want to pay to park close to his building downtown so he parks & walks).


They had a great time! Their favorite part was of course, the chocolate fondue. They thought they were in heaven! After dinner Rachel wanted to meet up with the rest of us & go to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda (very cute movie).

4 comments:

Amanda said...

She looks so grown up!

What a great dad. I'm so glad he's back!

Kim "O" said...

She looks beautiful. Megan is jealous of her dress she said she wants a fancy dress too. Looks like they had a great time and she even got her nails done too -- that is fancy schmancy what a grown up girl. :)

Jessica said...

How precious! Melting Pot is gooood.

Let's see some pics of the girls' room now!

Kim "O" said...

Long time no update! Waiting to hear more :)