16 January 2008

Phoenix here we come...

We're very excited because Matt will be home at the end of Feb for 14 days for leave. Matt wanted to go somewhere because he knows me too well & he said that if we stay home I'll be too distracted by life. My dad has Hilton points from all his travels so he gave us some to use for a hotel - we're staying at Embassy Suites in Phoenix - WOOHOO! We're meeting our best friends & their family & we're just going to relax & play. They have 3 kids as well & our kids always get along so well. Can't wait! Matt has been working extra shifts & he doesn't get his day off this week, but he said he doesn't care because he's coming home soon. We'll go to Dallas & visit his family afterwards for a couple of days, then come home & it'll be time for him to leave again. I'm very excited - I'll have my husband, my best friend, the love of my life back for a little while. One thing this deployment has done is made us so much closer. We have always had a very close relationship but both times he's been deployed we realize once again what is important, and the things that really matter in life.

2 comments:

Kim "O" said...

I hope you guys can come by! I know Meg really wants top see her cousins and I want to see you ALL. I have some things for Matt too. We are going to Dallas for spring break March 8th but we will still be here in February! Remember Surprise is just a suburb of Phoenix!~

GrandmaK said...

That's awesome!! We're really happy y'all get to be together for a little bit.
Tell Matt Hi for us too.
Love,
Aunt Phyllis