Our Christmas actually went pretty well. I think we were all much better prepared emotionally for it - more so than Thanksgiving. Matt wasn't able to call on Christmas day - he called Christmas Eve night on the cell phone because the lines were too long at all of the phones. It was about a $30 phone call but it was worth it - we put it on speakerphone so we could all get a chance to talk to him (it's $2.50 a minute on the cell phone). The kids each got an mp3 player (Best Buy had a great sale on them - $35 ea for 2 gig). I made it mandatory that they wear them on ALL car trips everywhere - they are at those ages where they get on each other's nerves constantly, so likewise they drive me insane!
I'm still recuperating from the book fair sale- a month of waking up early, driving an hour and a half to San Antonio, and getting home late every night exhausts me. But I was able to get lots of Christmas presents from it - it's definitely worth it. I've been working for Scholastic Book Fair Warehouse in San Antonio during their sales & other times throughout the year for 5 years now, which is how I've accumulated over 3000 books. If I'm going to have an addiction, a book addiction is better than most, right?
30 December 2007
Christmas
Posted by Tricia at 5:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Trish I'm glad Christmas wasn't too hard on you guys. And congratulations on the books- I have spent the Christmas break reading a book a day and I loved it. Unfortunately I didn't get as much housework done as I'd planned but I probably never will. Be sure to check out my blog especially about Meg's teeth - lovely news there. We'll be joining you guys with the palate and jaw expanders soon. Fun fun fun $$$ Take care and stay safe & Matt if you check here stay safe too.
Ah Trish I see you already commented LOL We will soon be able to commiserate together.
Post a Comment