19 February 2008

Not a Very Happy Birthday to Me...

Can you tell I'm a little bitter right now?? Matt was supposed to be home tomorrow (Wednesday), but just our luck - the helicopter flights that go out twice a day to Kuwait (the only way for Matt to get there) have been canceled the last 2 times (so what's the big deal with flying blind through the dust storms???). We are praying that the morning's flights won't be canceled so he will make it here in time to drive to Phoenix & check in to our hotel room by Saturday. Of course this has never happened to anyone else - the most anyone else has been delayed was 12 hours - we're at 24 & counting... So far he hasn't heard about tomorrow morning's flight - they usually have the flight times posted by now but they're not up yet. I'm really bummed - NOT the news I wanted to hear on my birthday. The only good news is that once he DOES make it home we still get the 14 days - it's just delayed. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is the Army, after all.

2 comments:

Kim "O" said...

Hang in there! I'm keeping you bothn my prayers and especially for safe flying and that you can get here soon. Happy Birthday sis and don't lose hope! :hug

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
You crack me up about "What's the big deal about flying blind through a dust storm", LOL!!!